Contact US On 08021463312
15 things To Know About Osun Gov-elect Adeleke
The Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) has declared candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Senator Ademola Adeleke as Osun Gov-elect.
Adeleke defeated his closest challenger Governor Gboyega Oyetola of the rulling All Progressive Congress (APC).
Here are 15 things to know about Osun Gov-elect Adeleke
- Ademola Nurudeen Jackson is from the Adeleke family of Ede in Osun State
- He was a senator that represented the Osun-west senatorial district between 2017 and 2019.
- Adeleke is a father of five including B-Red and uncle to popular musician, Davido.
- Adeleke commenced his primary education at Methodist Primary School, Surulere Lagos State then relocated to Old Oyo State and attended Nawarudeen Primary School, Ikire.
- He progressed to The Seventh Day Adventist Secondary School, Ede also in the then Old Oyo State and later moved to Ede Muslim Grammar School Ede, where he finished his secondary school education before relocating to the United States.
- He started higher studies at Jacksonville State University, Alabama in the United States where he majored in criminal justice and with minor in political science.
- After much controversies surrounding his educational qualification, he went back to school and got enrolled at Atlanta Metropolitan State College in the United States where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice in 2021.
- Adeleke started his political career in 2001 alongside his late brother Senator Isiaka Adeleke who died on April 2017.
- He was a member of the All Progressives Congress until he decamped to the People’s Democratic Party in April 2017.
- He contested at the Osun west 2017 by-election after the death of his brother, emerging as the winner under the People’s Democratic Party.
- Adeleke ran for Osun state governorship election under the PDP against top contenders Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola of APC and Iyiola Omisore of SDP on 22 September 2018.
- The election was declared inconclusive by the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) and a rerun slated on 27 September 2018. The candidate of the APC Oyetola was declared winner after the run-off. Adeleke protested the result describing the election as a “coup”.
- On 22 March 2019 the tribunal sitting in Abuja declared Adeleke the winner of the election.
- The Supreme Court later affirmed Gboyega Oyetola as the authentic winner of the 2018 Osun State governorship election on Friday, 5 July 2019.
- He contested the 2022 Osun state gubernatorial election and won with a total vote of 403, 371 over the incumbent governor, Adegboyega Isiaka Oyetola, who got a total vote of 375, 027.