IITA (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture) is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farmland by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Fresh Vacancy Job at IITA.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Oyo | Nigeria.
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
- Conduct filed test of different stages of breeding lines/population.
- Create related studies in EBS, collect data and upload the data into EBS in a timely manner.
- Perform leaf sampling for genotyping.
- Prepare seed for grain quality and disease resistance screening for testing on
- AfricaRice Research Station and NARS in different countries.
- Perform data collection, curation, analyze research data, draft reports, and research publication.
- Ensure digitization and barcoding of breeding nurseries, trials, seed inventories.
- Supervise technician and labor daily.
- Assist in degree and non-degree training programs.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Genetics, Plant Breeding or related field with a minimum of three (3) years experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be experienced in design and implementation of experimental research.
- Be competent in statistical analysis of research data.
- Be experienced in cereals crop breeding and data collection.
- Have knowledge of markers assisted breeding and genomic selection.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Have ability to implement tasks autonomously with minimal supervision and a collaborative team spirit to work effectively in the team under pressure.
- Have high integrity results oriented and able to exercise good judgement and think creatively and strategically.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below