Contact US On 08021463312
APPLY: Job Vacancy at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
IITA is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farmland by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Vacancy at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Senior Nursing Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Oyo | Nigeria.
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Check vital signs (Temperature, Pulse respiration and blood pressure etc.);
- Perform wound dressing on routine and emergency basis;
- Facilitate health education to all categories of staff;
- Conduct eye lavage, Ear Syringing and giving of injections;
- Setting up of intravenous infusion as the needs arises;
- Conduct Immunization of mothers and babies;
- Conduct simple eye testing using snellen’s chart
- Provide consultation for simple clinical cases whenever the needs arise (especially after normal hours);
- Register patients’ attendance every day;
- Assist in the management of very ill patients;
- Assist in updating yellow cards to those who are travelling outside the country;
- Assist in the collection of vaccines from State regulatory authorities;
- Carry out cleaning, autoclaving and storage of instruments used in nursing care;
- Replenish the clinic emergency box and resuscitation trolley as needs arises;
- Carryout costing and billing for drugs and other services
- Perform any other duties as may be necessitated by the absence of any other member of the health team
- Perform other any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc in Nursing and Registered Midwife Certificate with any two (2) of the following:
- Diploma in Public/Occupational Health Nursing
- Family Planning Certificate
- Accident & Emergency Nursing Diploma
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Theatre techniques
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Pediatric Nursing
- Diploma in Health Education.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experiences in at least three of the following areas:
- Accident and emergency unit
- Outpatient department and medical wards
- Family Planning Unit / Family Health Unit
- Maternal & Child Health Unit.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Be able to carry out basic laboratory procedures such as rapid malaria test, urinalysis and blood sugar using a glucometer.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Vacancy at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
- The application must include the Names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees (which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package).
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.