Contact US On 08021463312
BREAKING: Ex-Lagelu Chairmen, Abdullahi Kelani (Legal), Asimiyu Babalola Lose As Court Struck Out Suit Challenging Validity Of PDP LG Primary Election
The Oyo State High Court sitting in Ibadan today dismissed the case filed by Hon Abdullahi Kelani and Ors challenging the validity of the Primary Election conducted by the PDP in the Oyo State towards the concluded local government election conducted by Oysiec.
The court in dismissing the suit upheld the preliminary objection raised by counsel to the PDP, Alhaji Kunmi Mustapha and Alhaji Wasiu Adeleke. The court held this:
- The court is robbed of jurisdiction to entertain the suit on the ground that the suit was not endorsed for service outside jurisdiction. The first defendant’s address (PDP) Is in Abuja.
- The Claimants lacked the locus standi to institute the action. The court was of the view that they cannot challenge the primary election conducted in all the 33 local government of Oyo State because they were only aspirants in 3 of the local government.
- Having failed to join all the 33 local government chairmen and councillors who emerged at the primary election in the suit, the suit is incompetent.
- They failed to explore internal mechanisms or remedy in resolving the disputes before coming to Court.
- Based on the fact that collected the money they paid for nomination back, they have waived their rights and don’t have any course of action.
In conclusion,the court held that the suit is an abuse of court process and same was dismissed in it’s entirety.