Contact US On 08021463312
Corper Knocked Down, Stabbed Our Officer, Raised False Alarm To Escape Arrest — Oyo Police React
The Oyo state command of the Nigeria Police Force has come to debunk story that its men shot a corps member in Ibadan, yesterday.
The Oyo State Police Command wishes to dispel rumors making the rounds about a shooting incident involving a Police Officer and a National Youth Service Corps member as mischievous and a fictitious imagination of mischief agents.
- Preliminary investigations/Independent Witness Accounts revealed that a reckless driving Corps member in the company of his colleagues while returning from their Community Development Service (CDS) in a White tinted Toyota Camry with Reg No ABY 237 JR was flagged down by operatives on legitimate Stop and search duties along Black Horse Area, New Garage, Off Ibadan-Ijebu-Ode Road.
- However, he drove directly towards the direction of the Officers, thereby knocking down, one Sgt Agbadahun Bright.
- Resolute in his actions and in a view to escape, he drove off without batting an eyelid and veered off his lane towards the direction of other incoming vehicles till he ran into a Tricycle from where the Policemen caught up in him.
- On sighting his returning colleagues from their various Community Development Service Groups, he immediately raised a false alarm about being shot at by the Police Officers thus inciting the now riotous corps members to completely cut off the flow of traffic by blocking the road and other adjoining routes before proceeding to attack any officer in sight.
- Assertively no shot was fired at the scene by any officer(s) before or after the incident at the Corps Member or his vehicle rather the riotous corps members smashed the side mirrors of the Officer’s Kia Operational Vehicle, broke its windscreen and deflated all its tyres.
- The riotous corps members then pounced on Sgt Agbadahun Bright and stabbed his right cheek with a sharp object. The officer was immediately rescued by swift Police reinforcement and his presently receiving medical attention.
- The Commissioner of Police however wishes to state assertively, that while being civil and professional in the discharge of their duties as expected, Officers and Men of the Command would no longer condone acts of hostilities such as these from members of the Public.
- Meanwhile, investigations are ongoing and updates would be provided in due course.