Akéde Ọ̀yọ́
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Ibadan Polytechnic Management Confirms Death Of Two Students, Says Only Medical Expert Can Ascertain Cause Of Death


The Management of The Polytechnic, Ibadan has confirmed death of two students of the institution, who were alleged to have been involved in marathon sex after taking hard substance believed to be tramadol.

The management, in a statement issues on Wednesday by the Public Relations Officer of the institution, Alhaji Soladoye Adewole, described the incident as tragic, urging other students to learn from the incident and desist from an act that can endanger their health.

Recall that a National Diploma II student in Civil Engineering department, Oromidayo Daniel, and his partner, Adeleke Aramide, who was also a National Diploma II student in the Department of Business Administration allegedly took sexual enhancing drugs before engaging in the act.

Oromidayo reportedly died on Monday, while his unconscious partner, Adeleke, was rushed to University College Hospital (UCH) for treatment, but also later died.


One of the deceased’s neighbour said she was horrified when she saw the lifeless body of Oromidayo on the floor and the female partner barely alive before she was rushed to UCH.

Adewole said the management of the institution sympathised with families of the two students over the “avoidable deaths.”

“Only a medical expert can ascertain cause of death, nobody was there to count the rounds of sex they had nor recorded the event, everything people are saying was just a speculation. People engage in sexual intercourse everyday, and it is not all that result in death, there might be some underlining ailment that caused it.

“The incident happened at the deceased’s resident outside the institution. Our hostel facilities does not house men and women together, we have boy and girls hostel separately,” Adewole said.

He, however, urged other students not to use drugs, stressing that it was illegal to take hard drugs, and government banned the use of drugs because they have side effects.