Akéde Ọ̀yọ́ is Oyo's foremost Online Community Newspaper, Publishing Articles on Job Opportunities, Politics, Culture, Sports And Entertainment
JOB ALERT: Fresh Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
IITA is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farm land–by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Data Analyst II
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Oyo | Nigeria.
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Work with Data Manager and the Excellence in Breeding Platform (EiB) on the adoption of a data management system (Enterprise Breeding System – EBS) for storing and retrieval of information.
- Curate historical data from the Maize crop improvement program into templates for migration to the EBS.
- Check the quality and integrity of the data to be uploaded to the EBS.
- Ensure that the CG-core metadata standards are adhered to for all Maize improvement data.
- Perform data wrangling of large datasets to fill defined templates.
- Define and implement data standards and best practices for Research Data Management by developing ontologies, phenotyping protocols, quality standards, Trait dictionaries, templates and fieldbooks.
- Maintain coherent repository of Crop Information (genealogy, phenotype and genotype) allowing public access and secondary use for predictive breeding and comparative biology.
- Assist members of the Maize breeding program to capture data electronically and use the EBS to manage the day to day activities of their breeding programs.
- Perform any other job-related task duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc/HND in Computer Science, Biometrics, Research Methods, Bioinformatics or other related field with three (3) years relevant experience in data management.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience in data management, R Data wrangling.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
Applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.