First Bank of Nigeria is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services company headquartered in Lagos. It is the biggest bank in Nigeria by total deposits and gross earnings.
It operates a network of over 750 business locations across Africa, the United Kingdom and representative offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing and Johannesburg set up to capture trade-related business between geographies.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at First Bank Nigeria.
Project Team Lead
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WHATSAPP, CLICK HERE
- Lead the day to day execution of a project while guiding and developing individual team members.
- Make important contributions to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with internal project stakeholders to ensure positive impact and sustainable results
- To be first point of contact, and ensure that Corporate Transformation interactions and collaborations with our internal customers are strong, productive and enduring.
Duties & Responsibilities.
- To develop work plans and manage multiple project work streams to support the implementation of strategic objectives, within budget and within the agreed timelines.
- Identify and validate key business requirements for assigned workstreams
- Estimate the resources (human, financial and technical) needed to achieve goals.
- Analyze business data to assess situations, assigning tasks to team members, and problem-solving when issues arise.
- Ensure adequate documentation and record keeping for project activities
- Document standard processes to ensure consistency in execution in line with agreed timelines
- Develop a Business Readiness and Change Management Plan to disseminate information to all stakeholders throughout the Project life cycle for assigned work streams
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Provide solutions, improvements and take corrective action on challenges that may arise
- Identify and manage dependencies and critical path.
- Ensuring that required approvals are obtained and that adequate documentation is maintained for all project expenditures
- Helping solve end-user problems and managing financial aspects of contracts
- Ensuring contract terms and conditions are met and that contracts are carried out according to agreed terms
- Assist the engagement team in analyzing engagement data to identify incorrect coding, excessive time and expense items
- Monitor and track project milestones and deliverables, and provide reports on a periodic basis
- Proactively manage changes in assigned Project scope, identify potential crisis, risks, devise contingency plans to provide solutions and take corrective action.
- Develop presentations, reports and provide briefings on assigned tasks
- Provide engagement management support to assigned Project sponsors, including project set-up, managing key performance indicators, and monitoring investment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum grade of 2.2
- Project Management certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of banking experience, covering a range of functional areas
- Experience with managing transformation, change management or other strategic projects
- Experience with Program Management Office or Project Management Office desirable
- Supervisory or leadership experience.
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to make objective and well-informed decisions; perceive the impact and implication of decisions
- Ability to show flexibility – open to change and adapt behavior or work methods in response to new information or unexpected obstacles
- Ability to implement best practices and tools for Project execution and management
- Ability to efficiently conduct analysis and produce high quality insights
- Ability to ensure full adoption and sustainability of project initiatives
- Proficient in MS Office and CRM/project management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to the Bank’s key transformation pillars and capabilities which include Customer & Innovation, Operations Improvement, Organization and People and Process and Enterprise IT
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Willingness to take personal risks – as seen through leadership roles – in work environment and extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to work on multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to be proactive in day-to-day interactions, formulate solutions to problems and work in a fast-paced environment; travel may be required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Recruitment at First Bank Nigeria” should click the APPLY HERE button below.