Contact US On 08021463312
Oyo APC: Submit Your Approved Consensus List To Me—Caretaker Chair, Akin Oke To Elders Council, Zonal Leaders
Following the stakeholders meeting held at the National Secretariat of the All Progressive Congress, APC, the caretaker Chairman of the party in Oyo State, Chief Akin Oke has call for the submission of the consensus’s list of Elders’ Council and Zonal Leaders as directed by the national officers.
Chief Oke in a press statement give insights into the details of the Abuja meeting held in Abuja.
It should be recalled that, this news medium reported that, the national headquarters of the party has directed the part stakeholders in the state to go back home and work out a robust and all inclusive consensus list of the state executive council of the party.
SUMMARY OF THE ABUJA MEETING BETWEEN THE NATIONAL LEADERSHIP OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS(APC) AND STAKEHOLDERS OF THE PARTY IN OYO STATE HELD ON THURSDAY 4/11/2021.
On Thursday November 4,2021, the national leadership of our great party, All Progressives Congress(APC), held a meeting with stakeholders of the party in Oyo State over the crisis emanated from the rescheduled State Congress of the party.
The National Chairman, His Excellency Mai Bala Buni was represented by the National Secretary of the party, Senator John James Akpanudoedehe.
After extensive deliberation, the resolutions made at the meeting are as follows;
I. The National leadership of the party apologized to the members of APC in Oyo State for the purported congress of Saturday October 30, 2021 which stated, emphatically, was held in error.
- The Meeting reviewed the list of nominees for the State Executive Committee offices zoned to each of the seven administrative units or geopolitical zones of the state and directed that the nominations from each zone should be verified by the zonal leaders that submitted the list. This is to be done with former governor of Oyo State, H. E Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, the two former deputy governors, Chief Iyiola Oladokun and Otunba Moses Alake Adeyemo, the seven zonal leaders and myself.
- The approved list is to be submitted to the National Secretariat of the party through me within a week.
- The leadership noted the observations made on the Ward and Local Government consensus lists but affirmed that the Delegates List handed over to me by Chairman of the Congress Committee, Alhaji Gambo Lawan at the last APC Stakeholders meeting in Ibadan was not from the National Secretary as he had claimed.
- On behalf of the members of the APC in Oyo State, i wish to express our appreciation to the National Leadership of the party, particularly the National Chairman, H. E Alh. Mai Mala Buni, and National Secretary, Sen. John James Akpanudoedehe, for their untiring efforts to address the issues emanating from the congresses in Oyo State.
- I wish to appeal to all members of the party in Oyo State to remain calm and law abiding. The national leadership of the party has assured that justice and fairness shall be ensured in their handling of the issues of the party in Oyo State.
- I thank all critical stakeholders who sacrificed their time and resources to travel down to Abuja to attend the Stakeholders meeting in the interest of the party.
Chief Akin Oke
APC Caretaker Chairman