Akéde Ọ̀yọ́
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

TRAGEDY: LAUTEC Student Dies After Falling Into Soak-Away

0

Confirm Source says a final year student of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Ogbomoso, is dead after falling into a soak away.

The deceased simply identified as Nifemi Asefon gave up the ghost this evening after a little delay at LAUTECH teaching hospital.

Akéde Ọ̀yọ́ gathered that the incident occurred at his hostel along 1500lth in school area.

It was learnt that he fell into a soak-away when he wanted to switch electricity and got paralyzed.

An eyewitness who spoke with our correspondent immediately after the incident explained that Nifemi was rushed to LAUTECH teaching hospital and wasn’t attended to.

ADVERT BANNER 1

He said: Staffers at the hospital said they have to get a call from the Dean of Students Affairs before attending to him and they had to take him to Bowen before getting there he is already dead.

Nifemi’s death has made some aggrieved students to threaten total shutdown at the Teaching hospital. They are protesting that their colleague could have been saved if the health institution had taken the case as an emergency and gave him the necessary treatment before asking of details like the DSA.

The health institution on the other hand are claiming that their request of the DSA was to relate the news of the passing away to an elderly person, that the student was brought in dead.

Meanwhile, efforts to speak with the Dean of Students affairs proved abortive as calls and texts sent to him were unreturned at the time of filling this reports.

More details to come..

Comments
Loading...