Kuda Bank is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more.
Kuda Bank is recruiting for the vacant positions. All Interested candidates are advised to review the available positions carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Apply now to fill the role of accountant at Kuda Bank.
Financial Systems Accountant
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
We are looking for a Financial System Operations Accountant (based in Nigeria) to support the Kuda Group in ensuring that the Finance function is a world-class, best-in-industry operation. They will have broad involvement in ensuring that processes and procedures are adhered to to ensure that accurate and relevant information is reported to the business.
Reporting to and working closely with the Senior Management across different geographics, where you will be involved in all aspects of the finance function, from implementing a new financial system to implementing controls and processes across markets. Kuda needs high-quality support services across the organisation, which are not simply fit for purpose but act as exemplars to others.
- Purchase and Payables (P2P): responsible for implementing controls and policies around the P2P cycle
- Process Improvement: explore and suggest ways to improve the day-to-day accounting processes
- Implementation of System: assisting with the rollout of a new accounting system (MS Finance & Operations) across the group
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting: the individual will be responsible for operational expansion in the new markets
- Developing policies and controls: as we continue to expand, there is a need to have consistent policies and controls across the group
- Partner with the markets: work closely with new markets and provide guidance and support, taking into consideration the group-wide policies and mitigating risks and non-compliance
- Be the Finance Operations Partner for other departments: working closely with various departments from compliance, IT, marketing, expansion (to name a few) and provide adequate support and highlight issues to the group team on a timely basis
- Ad hoc, carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Group Financial Controller.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5 years post qualified experience of proven all-round accounting competence in a multi-entity/ group environment ideally gained in a Financial Services or regulated business
- Time management;
- Creative thinking
- Intermediate to advanced excel proficiency.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Familiar with IFRS
- Have a deep understanding of how ERPs work and preferential to have experience in implementing one
- Working with teams across various geographic jurisdictions
- Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Expectations – Key skills and competencies:
- Relationship building;
- Attention to Detail;
- A self-starting approach;
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.