Unilever Plc – We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job vacancy at Unilever Nigeria Plc.
Payroll & Rewards Specialist
- Full Time
The overall purpose of this role is to manage, supervise and deliver the country payroll within the given timelines and to provide reward operational support to Expertise Teams, HRBP’s, People Partners and DSs. The role will provide support to the Finance teams in the relevant reporting cycles.
- To process accurate and timely payroll for country remittance of data to bank through accounts payable Executes payroll accounting and reconciliation
- Delivers payroll services by managing payroll personnel
- Generates monthly reports and SLAs for payroll
- Monitors payroll processes to meet legal compliance and COBP requirements
- Provides payroll KPIs reports and data as required
- Manages processing of statutory deductions and remittance of data to finance for payments to institutions and retirees
- Participates in pension cycle briefs – support preparations for pension annual general meetings and cascades to country
- To input to payroll systems against new reward cycle, new collective Bargaining agreement, Time and Attendance data / payment related calculations for payroll accuracy
- To process statutory deductions report and remit to finance for pay-outs i.e. tax, National Social Security, Pension, Co-operatives, etc
- Prepare monthly payroll Service Level Agreement reporting (CSR)
- Leads payroll projects and process improvement initiatives i.e. liaison with IT & 3P
- Prepares annual reports and manage end year processes e.g. taxation, write-off,
- Ensure implementation of payroll project, process change/improvement, adjustments etc
- Provides ad-hoc data and supplementary reports as required from time to time
- Reward and payroll related communication i.e. schedules, guidelines
- Manages customer expectations and payroll queries – issues, problems escalated by helpdesk officer / WFA assistants.
- Reward Operations & Administration: Includes, but not limited to, managing the implementation of reward policies, administering all reward related systems and preparation of periodic reward-related reports.
- Annual Pay review: Manage the pay review administration cycle from ensuring 100% data quality to advising payroll of final outcomes
- My Reward: Maintain the country reward data in My Reward (our Total Reward System)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Qualified to University degree level.
- At least 4+ years’ experience in Payroll and Reward
- Good understanding of Unilever HR principles and framework
- Experience working with Payroll software
- Experience using Workday and Onepay is an added advantage
- Excellent MS Excel Skills (formulas, v-lookups, macros, graphs and manipulate data)
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of HRMIS and other MS Office applications
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Results driven
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Effective communication skills –verbal and written
- Honesty & Integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Employee Experience Team
- Regional & Global Reward Teams (Mobility, Pensions, Reward Services, Equity)
- Finance Teams
- Service delivery providers (either in-house/outsourced)
- HRBP community
- Line Managers
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.