IITA (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture) is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farmland by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest recruitment at IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture.
People and Culture Officer I (Organizational Development)
- Full Time
People & Culture 5-year strategy
- Effectively support the accurate and timely bi-annual tracking of the 5-year P&C strategy year-on-year performance against goals and reporting same.
- Collaborate in the integration of the One CGIAR P&C global strategy.
- Provide administrative and organizational support for annual P&C Business Retreat.
- Present a draft report for review and submission.
- Draft and design unit organograms across the institute and follow-up on updates as may occur.
- Support the Organizational Development Manager in the effective delivery of the institute’s workforce and succession Planning.
- Assist in first level evaluation of succession planning program metrics and document results.
- Collaborate with Organizational Development Manager and internal stakeholders to design and implement Organizational Development programs including team building and learning and development programs.
- Provide proactive support in the smooth delivery of all team building programs and submit a draft report.
- Support through broad research topics and in the creation of specific programs and initiatives related to leadership development.
- Provide planning and logistics for efficient delivery of all programs.
- Contribute to the leadership and management development repository.
Organization design and workforce/succession planning
- Partner with relevant P&C teams to perform data analysis to derive meaningful insights for action planning/decision making.
- Assist in the collation of data used for various P&C Planning & Development processes including high potential information, work force requirements, employee engagement data etc. as may occur for analysis and decision making.
- Analyze and document progress reports.
Training and Team Building
- Potentially serve as coordinator and event planner for convenings and meetings.
- Be the point of contact for all internship requests and ensure proper filing.
- Support P&C learning sessions and the management learning series.
- Provide high quality administrative support for P&C staff training.
- Arrange ad-hoc meetings by checking attendee’s availability, booking venues, circulating agendas and relevant papers and where necessary, take minutes.
- Liaise with Communications Unit in the writing and compilation of stories for the Talking Drums.
Leadership and Management Development
Business Partner – West Africa Support Services
- Assist the Organizational Development Manager, in prompt and efficient support services to the Western Africa Hub.
- Serve as rapporteur in meetings, share minutes of meetings and quarterly draft reports.
- Assist the Organizational Development Manager in initiating and implementing programs that will contribute to the growth, visibility and efficient people and process management of the Western Africa Hub.
- Join in unit-led corporate events and other unit programs and activities.
- Provide support to other People & Culture initiatives.
- Serve in task teams as may be assigned.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc/HND in Social Science, Humanities or other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be experienced of planning and organizing leadership and management development programs.
- Be experienced in data analytics, interpretation, and reporting.
- Have brilliant organizational skills with ability to prioritize activities and co-ordinate inputs from internal and external partners.
- Have facilitation and presentation skills which encourage participation.
- Have good communication, interpersonal skills and confidence to operate at all levels within the organization.
- Be accurate and methodical with an excellent attention to detail.
- Have ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Be a quick leaner, honest, proactive and ability to prioritize.
- Have a positive-can-do attitude.
- Be adaptable and have ability to multi-task.
- Have ability to manage confidential information and navigate sensitive issues.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application