IITA (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture) is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farmland by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest recruitment at IITA.
Head Administration, West Africa Hub
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Oyo | Nigeria.
- Join this Group to receive Job alert
At the Regional Hub, IITA-Ibadan
- Provide administrative oversight of the Regional Hub Office at IITA-Ibadan including liaison with relevant HQ units to ensure adequate administrative and logistics support interms of procurement, maintenance, staff issues, etc. to R4D staff.
- Supervise regional R4D support staff in IITA-Western Africa.
- Provide supervision for administration in the Sahel Hub and act as liaison between Sahel Hub and Headquarters.
- Supervise three secretaries assigned to support R4D staff in three work areas: Building 400, Building 401, and Bioscience Center.
- Review and monitor allocated budgets.
- Facilitate R4D space allocation.
- Support the proper management of the Research Farm.
- Support the management of Screen houses.
- Organize regular monitoring tours of research sites and plant growth facilities for the R4D Director and staff.
- Enhance visibility of IITA-Western Africa by ensuring regular mapping of, and communication on, geographic locations of active IITA projects in the region.
- Serve on relevant committees e.g. Farm Committee, Science Procurement Advisory Group.
- Manage the R4D seminar series and monthly meetings of WA IRS.
Support to the Region:
- Supervise Station Administrators of IITA locations in Western Africa (currently at Cotonou, Accra, Tamale, Freetown, Kano, and Abuja).
- Provide administrative support, including budgetary oversight, to station administrators of IITA locations in Western Africa.
- Assist these IITA locations with streamlining general administrative policies and procedures to comply with IITA institute policies and local laws and norms.
- Assist with the personnel policies and procedures for the NRS and IRS, including remuneration reviews and monetization policy.
- Assist with streamlining the Station Imprest Accounting procedure.
- Assist with Materials Management (inventory, maintenance, local and international purchasing and asset disposal).
- Ensure that all on station experimental farms are properly maintained.
- Conveners and others in your Hub to facilitate administrative and financial processes of the One CGIAR transition as well as the migration to policies and integrated services.
- Facilitate IITA’s and other hosted staff in carrying out their CGIAR Research Initiativeengagements.
- Work together with local and global facilities management colleagues to support excellence in facilities, and the management and maintenance of IITA’s physical assets in the Hub.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The candidate should have a Post Graduate Degree or a Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting, or any related course with significant administrative experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience of working with a development organization in a senior administrative capacity.
- Basic knowledge of Accounting, Knowledge of accounting software used in IITA would be an asset.
- Experience in a multidisciplinary research organization and cross-cultural environment, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
- Experience as a manager of staff and a team builder.
- Proficiency in at least one major enterprise management system (oracle, sun, platinum SAGE, etc.) and relevant computer applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is essential. Knowledge of French Language would be an added advantage.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with Gender, Diversity and Inclusion (GDI) awareness and understanding.
- Highly effective planning, organizational, and multi‐tasking skills with a positive attitude and strong administrative service orientation.
- The contract will be for an initial period of three years. IITA offers an internationally competitive remuneration package paid in US Dollars.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.