Oyo State Governor, ‘Seyi Makinde, has approved the appointment of 33 Local Government Education Secretaries for all the local councils in the state.
The appointments, which were made public on Wednesday, were communicated through a letter signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mrs. Olubamiwo Adeosun.
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, indicated that the appointments were with effect from December 19, 2019.
The statement quoted Adeosun as congratulating the new Local Government Education Secretaries, charging them to see their appointments as a call to service and urging them to discharge their duties with absolute loyalty, dedication and diligence.
The letter equally mandated that the gesture should also be replicated at the local government level with the establishment of Local Government Universal Basic Education Agencies and the appointment of part-time chairmen and other members in all the LGUBEAs in the state, in accordance with the relevant extant regulations.
The names of the 33 new LGE Secretaries are as follows:
S/N Local Government Names
- Afijio – Mr. Olaoye Amos Olubanjo
- Akinyele – Adewale Adesina
- Atiba – Salam Wasiu Adewale
- Atisbo – Raji Ishau Bolanle
- Egbeda – Mrs. Alamu Olatundun O.
- Ibadan North – Adewumi Adebusola Adejoke
- Ibadan North East – Akintonde George Olubayo
- Ibadan West – Ayoade Kehinde David
- Ibadan South East – Mr. Oyebamiji James Olumide
- Ibadan South West – Mrs. Morenike Adeniran
- Ibarapa Central – Mr. Olugbenga Okeowo
- Ibarapa East – Afolabi Alice Funmi
- Ibarapa North – Olaniyan Sidikat Abidemi
- Ido – Bukola Mumini
- Irepo – Ojo Abdulsalam Jimoh
- Iseyin – Mr. Kazeem Muslim Kolawole
- Itesiwaju – Akinyele Bukola Adebimpe
- Iwajowa – Adetunji Adedoyin Funmilola
- Kajola – Mrs. Taiwo Serifat Oyenike
- Lagelu – Odeyemi Amos Olubayo
- Ogbomoso North – Mrs. Adepoju Alice Omowumi
- Ogbomoso South – Adediran Mathew Oluremi
- Ogo-Oluwa – Mr. Lasisi Morufu Olayioye
- Olorunsogo – Lanre Aremu
- Oluyole – Ganiyu Waheed Adesina
- Ona-Ara – Mr. Wasiu Tunde Folarin
- Oorelope – Odejide George
- Oriire – Ayinde Amos Adeniyi
- Oyo East – Funmilayo Adekunbi Olajumoke
- Oyo West – Mrs. Bamidele Rhoda Oluremi
- Saki East – Adewoyin Zacceus Adeniyi
- Saki West – Olalere Lukmon Olayanju
- Surulere – Akanni Timothy.