IITA (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture) is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farmland by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of Office Assistant, a receptionist at IITA.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: SSCE
- Greet, welcome guests, and direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls and ensure the reception area and all the conference halls are tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g., pens, forms, and brochures).
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Ensure facilities and surrounding areas free from trash, litter, debris, and weeds.
- Clean stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc) and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and report any occurring deficiencies that require repairs.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- O’level with a minimum of two (2) years experience performing related roles in a wellstructured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Have the ability to use different tools and types of lawn care equipment.
- Be physically fit enough to remain standing for most of the day.
- Have the ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
Method of Application